Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Sadness Within

In one of my recent blogs, I quoted my dad in saying that with good, there follows the bad. We learn from each, in our life, as I see it. Our little Hank Jr. was born into the family just a few weeks ago. So new, sweet and innocent, is the good. There will be his challenges in growing up in our world of turmoil, war, etc.

We are now going through our bad, with Bill's Uncle David dying of Cancer. David has been in battle with this demon, for more than 2 years. He has been through many treatments on Chemo and radiation. Has lost lots of weight and energy. Through all this, he has been very stoik. David is a man of much strength. A hard working man, all of his life. A very gentle man, as I have known him for more than 25 years. If you were to meet and be around him for any amount of time, he would make you laugh. There was a sparkle in his eyes, just before he struck you with his funny thoughts. He was a quite man, as well. You could see that his family meant the world to him.

David is in a nursing home, at this time. He is in much pain, and for me to hear this, is painful for me, as he only deserves the best. His wife is in his room, next to him for his comfort. Sarah and David have been married for over 40 years. A love between the two of them, is a love for all to have. So, with this, we are saddened and just in hope that David is kept without pain, in his lasting days/months?!

The good in this bad, is that David has been in my life and shared many things of wisdom and strength...and with this I have been blessed. We wonder why we lose special people in our life and it seems too soon for us and them...but, that is one thing we all are sure of...Death, another reminder from my father, of wisdom....that we are certain of and "all" have in common.

I am happy to share with you all, a man that is much loved!

Love you, David....

5 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

I'm so sad for your family right now...prayers are with you.

On a lighter note, Sarah got a darling little easy-open package today in the mail. I'm making her wait until her big day even though she's begging...

1:24 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I've told Dad and now I'll tell the rest of the world...I look forward to the day that no one in this family has to endure the pain and suffering that both Boog and David have...When David's time comes I will be as heartbroken as the rest...But knowing that his pain has finally come to an end is a small positive that can be taken from this whole unfortunate situation...Here's to Annie and the rest of the Clarks/Hydes who suffered for far too long...Love you all...Just know that ALL of us carry the great memories of your lives, not the sadness that came with your passing...The world is a better place because of all of you, and we will do everything in our power to carry on your great works...

3:01 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

the pain of a loved one is the worst pain that can be indured. We love you and our prayers are with you and your family.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

I know Bill was always close to David growing up and this will be hard on him. You are in my prayers. Great tribute to a man you make me wish I had had the pleasure of knowing.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

beautiful tribute! It sounds like you are as lucky to have him as he is to have you...we are thinking of you.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home