Sunday, September 03, 2006

A bargain...

You all know me....whether there's a sale at a local store, such as Target...my favorite store to shop at or going to a thrift shop, looking for something interesting....a bargain is a bargain!

Paul told me a while back that he wanted a gas grill. So, there was a mission; to find a gas grill! With the end of the Summer season, I knew there would be some sales. I'm not one to shop at Wal-Mart or K-Mart, but for my Paul; I was on the hunt!

I noticed a sale at K-Mart, so I decided to drive over and see what they might have. There were several gas-grills out in the front of the store....on clearance! I mentioned to Paul about the sale and he seemed intersted. I went back, knowing that with the end of the season, there would be another mark down. And there was!! Originally, the grills were $129.00, marked down to $64.95. I didn't buy one, at that time. Bill and I went back to see if there were any left...there were! But, still I decided to wait for the weekend, with it being Labor Day weekend, to see if there would be an additional mark-down.

Paul came down to spend the night on Friday evening. We all decided to get up and go for Brunch and then do some shopping.
Bill got his first check with his new job and he told me he wanted me to buy something special, for myself. I told him I wanted to go back to K-Mart and see if there were more grills left. So, off to K-Mart, we went. I was so excited, and got out of the car before the guys did. I made it to the sale items, and there were the grills.....at another reduction...now $ 32.95!! Paul grabbed one and off we went. The guys are always amazed at how I find the bargains...me, I think, I have a Gene within and that makes it easy!!!

Paul left early, back to do chores at his place. I decided I needed to do some garden work, out back. The weather was so nice and getting me outside and in my garden is always a special time for me, to relax and play! Several hours later, Paul called, saying he had opened the box of his grill and started putting it together. The grill had all the parts, with the exception of one leg...three were the same length and the fourth was shorter. Hum....I needed to do something about that!! With Paul being in Santa Cruz, and no K-Mart close by, I decided to call the Big-K, here. I went straight to the manager and explained what was wrong with the grill. I asked if he could see if there were any left outside. As when we bought the other one, there were just 3 left. There were, and I asked to have one put a side. At first, he was reluctant to do it. I will need to go back, before noon to buy another and have Paul bring the disabled one back, for me to get a refund, on that one.


With the mission of finding a grill for Paul....a bargain is a bargain!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori Grimes said...

WOW now that's a bargain! Great job I really need to shop with you more!

Bill that should not count as Joyce buying herself something.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home