Monday, August 07, 2006

Dad's Medal of Honor...

In a recent blog, I told of how I am trying to have my dad's status changed regarding the Medal of Honor. I have now reached a fork-in-the-road with this matter. A letter was sent to me with an explanation of what I need to do next. The Medal of Honor is not given out freely and one must go along with all the requests of the Department of the Army's wants and needs.
I am now asked to try and find any commanders, leaders, eyewitnesses and fellow comrades. When thinking of how I am to find any of those, is overwhelming; as I can't imagine any are still alive! I also need to submit my request through a Member of Congress; as with the time that has lapsed, this is needed. My brother has been on line, asking for help from anyone out there that had a member of their family at the site, with my dad.....No luck on that one!
I will keep trying to do what ever it takes to get this Medal for my father. He needs to be recognized as the loyal and dedicated man that he was and for the freedom of us all. A Solute to my Dad!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

Hi Mrs. Joyce! Yes, let's definitely get together soon. My days are all open so let me know when you guys aren't working or busy.

I'd love to help get things going for your dad's medal. Let me know of any names I can search around on the internet for!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

Good luck with the search for comrades of your dad's. I know that is going to be difficult. Have fun with my girls (big and little) today. Love you guys.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Lori Grimes said...

Joyce your Father has already received his metal....It's you.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home