Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Sharing our day with friends

It was such a good day on Saturday, as Tom and Terry came to spend some time with us. It was a beautiful day; with lots of sunshine and good food. Bill decided to make a Southern meal: coleslaw, cat fish, and hushpuppies. Along with that, was ice tea; sweetened, that is. With Tom being a Southerner and Bill as well, Bill decided on that menu. Boy, was that meal a good one! I had lots of back pain that day, but with our good friends here and with all the laughs, it helped to keep my mind off of that..me and my darn back!!!! We are at a distance with Tom and Terry; as far as different states, but it has never stopped us from getting together and having a GREAT time. Seems like, at times, we start off where we finished on the last visit. It's such a soothing feeling to have such good friends to have in our lives.....no pretense on ones part. We all want to talk at the same time; as I see that in my eyes, maybe because we have a short time together or it being a Southern thing? That's what Bill has always said, because he had a large extended family and when they all got together, one had to fight to get a word in. It was always funny to me to; as I came from a small unit. I just started to but-in like they all did. Don't get me wrong....I loved being around his family! There is a caring spirit when one meets the love of a Southerner....I will vouch for that!!! Thanks for being in our lives, Tom and Terry!

2 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

I'm totally jealous. Wish I could have been there for the company and THAT MEAL! Love you. See you soon.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

We always have a wonderful time with you guys -- such comfort! That is what friends are all about. We love you.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home