Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A New Little One

Bill, Paul, and I were on our way to the Watsonville Hospital...for a very pleasant event. Meghan and Dave have their new baby, Charlotte Ann Ryan! It was so good to hear and see that baby and mom were doing so well. We had gifts, in hand for all. Baby Charlotte had a crib full of goodies, Meghan, some flowers from my garden and a bottle of beer for Dave. .....I didn't want to leave him out; as he did a lot in the labor room, too! I bet he would have liked to have that cold beer when all that was happening?! There stood Terry, the proud Grandma of a new little baby granddaughter; just rocking her so gently. Terry was so proud to have that baby in her arms that she immediately said, " here do you want to hold her," I was a bit set back ; as she was willing to release her from HER GRIP! I held little Charlotte for a good 20 minutes, also rocking her and looking down at her perfectly small face......she is truly a beautiful baby, for just being born, having to go down, those long flight of steps to enter this world. As my son, Paul said one day when visiting with a friend, when I was born, "POOF," and there I was! Not even the right word to say; as there were 21 hours of labor for me, and that was hardly a, "POOF," on my part!!! Never the less, we have our Paul and Meghan and Dave have a New Little One in their life. Happy Baby......Happy Parents!

2 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

We were so glad to have you there to help welcome Charlotte into the world. Of course I will always share my babies with you -- I expect you will do the same! Thanks for coming over! Love you all!

10:18 AM  
Blogger erin said...

"POOF":Happy Birthday, baby Charlotte! Thanks for being part of our lives...even the new ones of us! Love you.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home