Thursday, June 29, 2006

Our Hopes, Our Dreams, Our Fears

Recalling my many years with one man in marriage of 27 years I think how fortunate I am in having this peace with-in. Sometimes in ones life the experiences we go through make us who we are. My father always said," life is what you make it to be.... Good follows bad and bad follows good!" When growing up, even with the many lonely times I experienced, I could not hear those words...Of much wisdom. As a child, even in our teenage years we all think our parents are just talking to be talking. With their experiences of the their past come that wisdom. In some way or another, we all go through similar hurts, fears, and pain; may that be physical or in our hearts. When the , "Good" comes our way, we need to learn from that, as when the "Bad" comes, we need to learn from that. So, with the respect to my dad, and his wisdom of these most powerful words, I am able to go on in this life; as this is our only time to experience what is before us. I am blessed with what I have and with each and every day. It is with Our Hopes., Our Dreams, and Our Fears that make us all, who we are and that life does really go on.....

3 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

Beautifully said. Well done.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

I couldn't agree more when you said, "in some way we all go through the same hurts, fears, etc" But at the time we usually think we are the only ones...

7:51 PM  
Blogger Lori Grimes said...

WOW! that was beautiful Joyce, and so ture. I believe, you make your life what it is.

Thank you for that, I think I'll even print it out.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home