Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Hairy Experience

Yesterday I spent a good part of the day with Terry and her sister, Lori. We had snacks in the back yard and shared lots of stories about many things. From here, we decided to go "Thrifting".....when that comes up, there is no hesitation on going! We talked about coloring our hair and haircuts. The haircut topic brought to mind about what I did to mine and my brother's teddy bears. They were different colors; mine was pink and his was blue. I had a baby doll high chair and thought it would be a good thing to see if I could change the way they looked. I got my father's shaving cream and razor and sat each bear in the chair. I can't remember which was first for their NEW look, but away I went. I remember putting shaving cream on my brother's bears head, first. He needed a flat-top, so that's what I gave him. He needed to have his face shaved, so I gave him a mustache. Then I decided to shave my bear and give her a NEW" look too. So, I put the shaving cream on her head and took some of her hair off. Can't really remember the exact look she had, but I know I didn't shave her face; that was a guy thing! My brother was very upset to what I did to his bear and if I recall, he never played with his bear, again....too much of a "NEW" look, I guess. That was the start of me getting my license in Cosmotolgy; which I don't practice, now. Perhaps the experience of the hair cuts for our bears brought back too many ugly thoughts!

3 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

I had NO idea you have a license in cosmetology. I should have waited and had YOU give Sarah her first snips!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

I still remember the story of your mom being your "model" to get your license and the scream you said she let out when she saw the "NEW" look you gave her. Had a great time yesterday. Love you, my friend.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I didnt know you had your cosmetology license either! Of course I could have guessed, you always look so fabulous dawling!!:)

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home