Monday, July 17, 2006

My Erbie


Erbie the cat came to us almost 11 years ago. He's a very affectionate cat; to say the least. If you want to be bugged...stay around long enough and he will do that with great pleasure. Erbie was rescued from a pound when he was a kitten. There was a Rescue service that would take kittens and foster them while looking for a good home for each of them. We had lost a cat that we had for thirteen years,looking of old age and I was heart stricken about that. I was in a pet store looking to adopt and saw him. Each kitten had a resume attached to their cage and what I read, suited me. When deciding on him, we needed to be interviewed to become the owners. All worked out for us and we brought Erbie home. My cats have always been indoor cats. I never liked the idea of having them stay outside and bother other neighboors, plus the thought of them bringing a rodent as a trophy didn't appeal to me. We had him fixed and he became a good companion; to me any way. Bill says he's a pest because he needs so much attention and wants it all the time. Me, I've excepted him for who he is...our family pet! Erbie got out one day and I was devestated. I looked all over the neighborhood, calling his name and with no response I decided to visit the local pound, seeing if he had been brought in; even looking at the daily rosters to see if he had been brought in and had died. I did this every day for almost two weeks. I thought it would be a good idea if we printed out posters and taped them all over the neighborhood. No luck and still with lots of tears I would visit the pound in hopes to find him....with still no luck. One Saturday when Abby had gone out for her morning potty time, I went to the door and there was Erbie, just standing there next to Abby at the door. Well, I swooped him up and took him upstairs to give him a bath. I didn't know where he was for those days and what he may have picked up so in the tub he went. With the other two cats we have I needed to be careful with that. I can't remember when Erbie started to sit like he is in this picture, but it's a good one...Enjoy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

You are such a great pet owner. They are all lucky to have you!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Joyce said...

Thank you... Terry,
My other bloggers are not into Cats....I can see. On to my next BLOG.....

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home