Monday, September 18, 2006

A New Little One....

Well, I'm back. I decided that there was a need to get out there and post. My Nephew and his wife, Aaryon had a baby boy last Wednesday morning. Aaryon was due on the 21st of this month. Shawn and Aaryon took birthing classes and were not quite ready for what was to happen before the due date.

Aaryon went into labor on Tuesday and things were going well, until the baby started to ease its journey through the birthing canal. Apparently, the cord was wrapped around the babys neck and with each push on Aaryon's part gave a tug on the babys neck. There was mention of a C-Section, but the Drs. decided that the cord had to be cut while in the birth canal. So, that was done. Aaryon was able to push and the baby was born. But, there was notice that the baby was not breathing well, and he was very dehydrated. He was taken away immediately and put on a respirator. Aaryon and Shawn did not expect this and was kept from the baby for some time, while he was being monitored. Eventually the baby was taken off the respirator and breathing on his own.

With the early arrival of the baby, Shawn and Aaryon still do not have a name for the baby. I can say, that this baby made it through and into this world with a fighting will to survive and we are so glad that there was strength within. The baby and the proud parents are home now. In fact, Bill, Paul, Tom and I went to see this Miracle-little-one, yesterday. He is a beautiful baby boy. A little over 6 pounds and still a sleeper. We all took our turns holding the baby. Paul, still not ready, as he says, they are so fragile, at this time. I know, once the baby is able to hold his head up with ease, Paul will be on the floor with him and carrying him around.

I am so glad for the parents, that the ordeal they went through is over, and now they can get on with life, with their baby boy. We took a few pictures and I am hoping that they turn out and we are able to share with others.

Life, is truly a Miracle....

6 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

Congratulations to the new great auntie, and the rest of the family. Wish there was a picture to post. So glad all went well and he is a healthy little guy.

12:20 PM  
Blogger erin said...

I can't even imagine how scary that must have been for them. Please keep up posted on little Miracle One's progress. I'll be praying for him!!

love you...I'm SO glad you're back!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

It really is a miracle how resilient those little guys are not matter how small...today I went and saw my cousin's unexpected baby (no one knew she was pregnant) he was 6 weeks early 4lbs 9oz. They are so small but as I learned at my baby shower lb for lb stronger than an ox (true fact)! Glad for the new post!
Love you!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Paul and I have the new born thing in common, before I be came a Daddy I was afraid that I could hurt, brake or bend them. the truth is once you have them in your arms you will know that is impossible. congrats to the new parents.

9:32 PM  
Blogger erin said...

I have a friend who vowed to never hold a newborn until he held his own. Now the 3 month countdown is on for him...and he's so excited!

I thought it was a good policy. So go Paul!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Lori Grimes said...

Congratulations! I know how scary that can be his birth sounds very close to what Glenn & I went through with Noah.

Glad you're back....keep on bloging

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home