Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A Sudden Change...

A woman is a woman, but not until one goes through...The Change of Life!!!! I have had it easy, when it comes to this, change. Here I am, 56 years young and no symptoms of the dreaded, change! I had my surgery to see what is going on; ruling out Cancer, as well. I have suspicions that my Dr. may have turned the lever, up, as I have now been going through with some symptoms.

I am reading Suzanne Somers book, on the Hormone Connection for both men and women. I will quote some from her impressive experiences, going through.." The Change!"

The 7 Dwarfs come to mind, when one experiences some of the change. Like, when Sweaty appeared, and I would awaken to the dreadful hot flashes. Pour Bill, covers off and covers on; as this does affect both of us.
I never know when these hot flashes will appear during the day, either. Not fun when all of a sudden, Sweaty takes a hold! Grumpy, is always close behind and I'm just not sure what to expect..Nor does Bill. Itchy, has me going and going. I feel as if I will no longer have any flesh on my arms with this one around.
Sleepy, now this one is the best...if only I could fix it, to help me get a good nights sleep!

I'm hoping that the other Dwarfs will stay a distance, for a while, anyway. I'm not sure that any of us, women and men, are exempt from these little Dwarfs, appearing, when they feel they need to.

Such is, "The Change of Life"...

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I love the analogy! Hope things arent going too bad for you...Atleast Paul and Bill didnt have to remind you to take your "bitch pills" as we did our Mom! Love you...

9:53 PM  
Blogger erin said...

Sounds like "Grumpy" is a little kinder than "Bitchy"...who occasionally visited 1409 Elizabeth Street!

Good luck with all your hot flashes and other "womanly" things! Ha!

Love you!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Grumpy (or Bitchy as he was sometimes referred) did come and visit once in awhile but you guys were way too quick to blame the lack of "anti-bitch" pills when it could have just been a bad day. Hang in there, Joyce, they say it all passes. But I'm sticking to my pills (down to half a day) for now!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

did Paul tell ya that Meg has set him up on a blind double date. I guess the 4 of us are going to be headding out somewhere to do something...details...i am often left out.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home