Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Grandmother in waiting....

It's been far too long since I did a blog...anyone out there still willing to read one? Much has come my way in the years of not doing a blog...but I wish not to post all of the past. So, the present is what I wish to share. I will soon become a grandmother to a baby boy who's name will be Owen Patrick. Patrick is the name given in honor of Alexis' beloved father who passed away in March of this year. It will be a "forever" rememberance of her dear dad, for Lex. and for all. I received a book from my best friend when she found out I too will be a grandmother. Its title: "Funny, you don't Look Like a Grandmother" I have truly enjoyed the warm, telling and funny stories. How can you regognize today's grandmother?...I am referring to a note on the binder of Lois Wyse(author). It reads, "A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do." So, with that message, I will begin to view the "other side." A side of life that will be a delight for me to have in my next journey with our grandson. I am so looking forward to the next generation of the Ensley's....as that will begin sometime around June 4, which is the due-date of little Owen Partick. Let the blogging begin and a "Thank You" to my very best friend, ever, Terry, for the uplifting and delightful book on " Funny you don't Look Like a Grandmother." See you all soon~

1 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

Horray! A blog post!! Can't wait to have a picture of you cradling that baby boy!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home