Friday, June 25, 2010

My Stim....Day 9

Well, here it is day 9 and I am without my trial stim. I had my last appointment with my doctor and the tech, yesterday. Our discussion was about how I have felt in the past days since I saw them...it was fantastic! Very little pain with the leads and a success, as far as I am concerned!!!
The leads placed just below my belt line and just under the skin were removed. I asked the doctor why I could not leave them in and it was stated because of a risk of infection.
Within a few hours I had the start of some pain...really not too bad. I did, however not sleep as well I did when the leads were in. I have decided that I really need to be very careful not to do things that will aggrivate my getting into the pain mode. I am in constant pain, throughout the day, but I will have to start to become more aware, with thought always in mind, once again.
Just 3 weeks away. I really don't look forward to having surgery, but I will do what is needed to have the quality of life, I have experienced in the last week. There is now hope, without the thought of another major back surgery!
I thank those who have made comments on my blog, with the happy notes and encouragement you have given for me while I was, "in trial!"
I am so looking to the days after the surgery and the healing, so that I can get on with my life and so the things that others do, without the dreadful daily pain!
I have decided to get this done, as I have a wedding to look forward to and that is for our son, Paul and his future bride, Alexis..
Let the party begin, as I am looking forward to that exciting day!!!
Love you all....
Joyce

2 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

Can't wait to see you dancing pain-free at your son's wedding! Love you, my friend!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Fashily said...

so exciting!!! I bet you wont know how to act without constant pain but Im sure you will get used to it!:)

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home